MUSIC FESTIVAL. For the fortieth anniversary of the Fête de la Musique, Paris is once again vibrating to the sound of hundreds of concerts this June 21! Here is our selection.
[Mis à jour le 21 juin 2022 à 17h53] The Music Festival celebrates its 40th anniversary! Created in 1982 by Jack Lang, then Minister of Culture, it has become an unmissable, popular and free event for all music lovers. All the more so after two years of festivities marked by health measures linked to the Covid-19 pandemic. Returning to its traditional version, the Fête de la Musique is taking on new colors to thrill the cities of France and Navarre, celebrating the first day of summer and the longest day of the year.
And Paris will obviously be no exception to the party, with many events planned or improvised in all the districts of the capital. From the traditional Fête de la Musique at the Elysée to France Inter at the Olympia, passing through many buildings in the capital, but also its restaurants, bars and concert halls… Music lovers are not likely to bored this Tuesday, June 21. However, it can be difficult to find your way around! Here is our selection of the unmissable concerts of the Fête de la musique 2022:
- Elysee Palace : like every year, the presidential residence opens its doors for a giant concert with, this year, Charlie Winston, Youssou N’Dour, Synapson, and Xenia! 2,000 places were to be filled for this event, which is sold out;
- Army museum : proposes to discover its collections in music;
- Carnavalet Museum : the Fabulat restaurant, from Top chef Thibaut Spiwack, hosts an evening of DJ Sets and various artists such as the French singer Owlle.
- Small palace : the association Jeunes Talents is offering a series of five classical music mini-concerts;
- Radio France Auditorium : an evening with the Viva l’Orchestra orchestra;
- fip : the radio is organizing a concert at the Arènes de Lutèce, notably with Metronomy, Ibeyi, Laurent Bardainne and Bertrand Belin. Reservations open this Friday, June 10 at 10 a.m. on the Maison de la Radio et de la Musique website.
- Palais-Royal : the Ministry of Culture organizes an open stage bringing together amateurs and professionals, young talents and experienced musicians, contemporary music, classical music and world music, with Julien Clerc, Anne Paceo, Sopico, DakhaBrakha and Temenik Electric.
- La Villette : from 4 p.m. to midnight, Dour festival and Technopol offer a techno/house evening at the Parc de la Villette.
- Arab World Institute : the IMA puts Algeria in the spotlight with an open stage on its square, where artists and amateurs will sing together the emblematic Algerian repertoire.
- Golden Gate Palace : in the 12th arrondissement, an evening with Afro sounds is organized with a big Voodoo Game concert on the ephemeral terrace. It will be preceded by DJ Jambo and followed by an Afrobreat after party by DJ Ondi Kwa.
- The Playful Chance : place popular with Parisians at aperitif time, for this Music Festival, discover several concerts from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., with in particular Chien Méchant, HSRS, Baptiste Lag, then a DJ Set until 1 a.m. in the morning.
- Cafe A. : an evening that promises beautiful moments of music, with the lives of Jacques B2B Miel de Montagne, PPJ and Haich Ber Na.
A safe music festival
In a press release issued by the Paris Police Prefecture, a few hours before the start of the festivities, the measures of a security device for the event are detailed. Thus, it is indicated that “musical entertainment indoors and on the terraces must stop at 00:30”.
The Prefecture of Police stresses that the police force will be reinforced with the presence on the Parisian territory of 3,200 police officers, gendarmes and firefighters “in a mission of security and anti-delinquency”. It is also recommended to adopt “a measured behavior in all circumstances” and to be careful of others and of one’s personal affairs.