WWE SmackDown Minneapolis, Minnesota
The commentators are Michael Cole and Pat McAfee.
– Tonight is WWE SmackDown, the blue show starts directly with the arrival of Vince McMahon.
– Vince McMahon nWe say it’s a privilege to be here tonight and the intro words are Then, Now, Forever, Together then he welcomes Smackdown and leaves. The credits are launched then the commentators welcome us and the music of Matt Riddle sounds. He takes the microphone and says that before kicking the ass off Roman Reigns, he wants to show a video of RK-Bro’s exploits.
– Matt Riddle says he’s been waiting for this moment for a very long time and his whole family is watching it right now, but more importantly, Randy Orton is watching this from home. He says everyone wishes him the best, we miss him and love him. For 20 years he killed legends and he even set the Undertaker on fire. For the past 20 years, Randy Orton has sacrificed himself to give the best to the fans and Riddle thanks him. He says that tonight he will face Roman Reigns for the title and he dedicates this match to Randy Orton. Randy Orton’s music plays at Riddle’s request.
– We have a recap of the rivalry between Madcap Moss and Baron Corbin.
Madcap Moss vs. Baron Corbin
At the end of the match, Madcap Moss lands his Punchlines twice for the win.
Winner: Madcap Moss
After the match, Madcap Moss takes the microphone and bursts out laughing.
– Behind the scenes, the Street Profits talk about Madcap Moss who has the last word in his match against Baron Corbin. They say tonight Matt Riddle is going to face Roman Reigns and they want their babies (the tag team titles) back to them. They end by saying they want the smoke.
– We come back to the ring with Baron Corbin who takes a microphone and complains about Pat McAfee’s criticisms. He threatens him by telling him that if he disrespects him again, he will kick his ass and then he tries to leave, but Pat McAfee gets up and wants to answer him. He asks the crowd to help him get Baron Corbin out of the arena in the best possible way with laughter. The New Day music hits and they step into the ring.
– Natalya tells Megan Morant that she will destroy Ronda Rousey. She says the Sharpshooter is the most dangerous hold and that Ronda Rousey isn’t here tonight. His Armbar is nothing compared to the Sharpshooter which has endured for many years and made the Hart line proud. She ends by saying that she will be the next Smackdown Champion.
Tag Team Match
The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods) vs. Jinder Mahal & Shanky
At the end of the match, Jinder Mahal and Shanky argue and Kofi Kingston takes the opportunity to land his Trouble in Paradise on Jinder Mahal for the victory.
Winners: The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods)
– Drew McIntyre’s music plays and he arrives in the ring followed by Sheamus.
– Adam Pearce announces the statistics for the collection of the MITB briefcase, but he is interrupted by the Scotsman who tells him that he does not care about the statistics and he wants to beat the crap out of him. Adam Pearce says Seth Rollins is the only qualifier for the MITB Ladder Match and he says we’ll look into why neither man qualified for the match. Right after the video, Adam Pearce says that management decided that Sheamus would participate in the MITB Ladder Match just like Drew McIntyre who then attacks Sheamus bringing his Claymore to him.
– Behind the scenes, Sami Zayn is in front of Roman Reigns’ dressing room when he is interrupted by Kayla Braxton who reminds him that it is because of him that he will face Riddle tonight. Sami says he’s an honorary member of the Bloodline and they don’t blame him at all.
MITB Qualification – Singles Match
Raquel Rodriguez vs. Shayna Baszler
At the end of the match, Raquel Rodriguez managed to land her Chingona Bomb on Shayna Baszler for the victory.
Winner: Raquel Rodriguez
– Backstage, Max Dupri is with Adam Pearce. Max Dupri says he’s not happy because it’s not what was planned for his new client’s presentation and then he leaves.
– Kayla Braxton is with the new Intercontinental champion, Gunther, but she is quickly interrupted by Ludwig Kaiser who is giving a little wrestling history lesson. He says that the first champion (Pat Patterson) was crowned at a tournament in South America (Brazil) and was won by a French-speaking Canadian. It’s been championed all over the world, but since Ricochet became champion, it’s become one of the worst titles. Now that Gunther has this title, he will restore greatness and prestige to this title. Gunther ends by saying that he is the new Intercontinental champion.
– The commentators announce the program for next week with two qualifying matches for the women’s MITB with Aliyah vs Shotzi Blackheart and men’s with Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zayn. Richochet will be entitled to his rematch for the Intercontinental title against Gunther.
Undisputed WWE Championship – Singles Match
Riddle vs. Roman Reigns (accompanied by Paul Heyman & The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso)
During the match, Roman Reigns rushes to carry his Spear, but Riddle counters him with an RKO which is not enough.
At the end of the match, Matt Riddle leans on the ropes, but he is countered by Roman Reigns who throws his Spear to him in flight for the victory.
Winner: Roman Reigns (accompanied by Paul Heyman & The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso)
After the match, Roman Reigns takes the mic and says he feels like there are no opponents left because he destroyed them. There is only one thing left to do, for Minneapolis to recognize its superiority, suddenly BROCK LESNAR’s music sounds and he lands in the ring. Brock Lesnar extends his hand to Roman Reigns who grabs it and takes an F5. Brock Lesnar also attacks the Usos.
The show ends with the celebration of Brock Lesnar.
Photo credit: WWE